Sunday, July 11, 2010

And Then I Felt Ill

I remember my first experience with an FPS (first person shooter.)
I was dating this guy (that I'd later marry and then divorce), and he went over to his friend's house every Saturday to play Quake.
I tried it a few days after we discovered that I was going blind from the PTC/BIH.  Visual disturbances and shakiness is really bad on weak eyes--- and even worse on a weak stomach.

Yeah.  I lost my lunch.  And my breakfast.  And probably most of dinner from the night before.

Once my eyes settled down for a bit and I was able to stabilize my vision, I lucked out because FPS technology became smoother- less jerky, less constant rendering of pixels.

All this brings me to today, when I sat down and play tested the new Rachet and Clank demo.   I know, it's not quite what I'd expect an FPS to be, but the constant scrolling view and endless pixellations just made me wish I'd never eaten anything today.

Overall, it was a lot of fun.  The plot was a bit dull, and there were a ton of cliffs to fall off of, but in the end, it was rather nice to beat down some bad guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment