Saturday, July 10, 2010

May the Yoga Gods Smite Me...

My sun salutation sucks.

I spent half my day grocery shopping with a bunch of ungrateful yahoos that followed me around calling me Mommy.  Every item I toss into the cart was met with comments of "Ew" or "I hate couscous!"
And don't get me started on the eye-rolling.  I mean, come on, I must have rolled my eyes at them a hundred times in two hours.
Then the Hubby joined in on the coversation, "Really, do I HAVE to eat that?"
I finally turned around and gave him the evil eye that said, "It's lamb, honey-bunny, shut your trap or wash your own socks and be a single parent." He kind of caught my gaze and turned pale; but he did shut up.

So, we get home and the boys- Doc, Chaos, and even the Hubby- sack out and start snoring.  Napoleon helped me sort some of the groceries before sneaking off with my laptop and watching one of the anime I put on her approved list.  (Approved- Meaning I don't find too much wrong with it such as overly sexual themes or other things I'm not ready to talk about with her yet.)  She killed the battery in my laptop and wandered downstairs just as I finished unpacking everything.  Uh-huh, a coincidence.  Sure.

I spent the next fifteen minutes teaching her how to fine mince a carrot and sweat mirepoix.  Thirty minutes later, she'd finished whining about constantly tending the pan on the stove and I finished up dinner.  (Roasted chicken, vegetable couscous, garlic-parm broccoli, and cheddar biscuits)

But, during the process (in which I used several tottering yoga poses and breathing techniques) I discovered a sure-fire method to stop the whining.  I just reminded Napoleon that if she didn't stop whining, she'd lose concentration and most likely chop off her fingers.  (Yeah, not terribly likely, but still, it made her stop and think.)

Yes, I'm the world's meanest Mom-tator (kind of like a dictator crossed with a Mom only FAAAAR meaner) but I get results and for some odd reason my kids still love me.

Now that everyone is finally in bed, I'm going to go finish my yoga and hopefully get some sleep early tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment