Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Desperate Nerds are Funny Looking

So, I play in a gamer group.  At the moment, I'm the only girl.  I'm also the DM.  For those of you that aren't gamers, DM stands for Dungeon Master.  Before you get some grand idea of kinky fun, I should probably also say that sometimes I'm called the GM- Game Master.  Basically, I'm the story teller for the game.

So, today, the guys came over to game in the Wednesday night game-which I don't take part in, only the Hubby does- and they were visibly agitated.

One of our regular players quit.  That drops us to three regular players and five part-timers.  Apparently, this isn't good enough for the guys.  They're terrified that somewhere in my vaginal-and-overly-hormonal story telling that I will kill their characters.

I was instructed to find new players to round out the party.

**shakes head**

This reminds me a bit of some of the indie-gamer-mockumentaries.  I can easily see my gamer-boys as the guys in Dorkness Rising. 

The Gamers: Dorkness Rising

No comments:

Post a Comment